Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sense of Place


Our First Home
Rebecca D'Angeli
Construction paper, pastels

I decided on my home because it is our first home as a married couple. We've torn down and built up rooms to make it more for us. I added a tree because we have a few trees surrounding our home, and it is indeed the first home I've lived in that has trees and grass. I made the sky at night because I feel more at home, because it is a time to spend with my husband (dinner, watching our favorite shows, etc).

For the Sense of Place Silhouette project I decided for a lesson that would be personal and interesting would be to base it off of home surroundings. I feel students can take this idea to many different levels and have fun with it. They can also incorporate magazine images, photographs, as well as mixed media. It could obviously be adapted to any students character, whether they choose to be more reserved like I have, or to be intimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment